Selected formal technical publications related to the LDT systems or to helping you understand the background for some of the systems.
A good example would SPIE papers. The links are to full PDF copies.
- Bida, T. A., et al. 2004, Proc. SPIE, 5489, 196, Site testing for the Discovery Channel Telescope
- Levine, S. E. et al. 2012, Proc. SPIE, 8444, 844419, Status and performance of the Discovery Channel Telescope during commissioning
- Levine, S. E., DeGroff, W. T. 2016, Proc. SPIE, 9906, 990672, Status and imaging performance of Lowell Observatory’s Discovery Channel Telescope in its first year of full science operations
- Levine, S., DeGroff, W., Bida, T., Dunham, E., Jacoby, G. 2018, Proc. SPIE, 10700, 107004P, Status and performance of Lowell Observatory's Discovery Channel telescope and its growing suite of instruments
- Levine, S. E., Ellsworth-Bowers, T., Bida, T. A., Hamilton, R., Kuehn, K. 2022, Proc. SPIE, 12182, 1218227L, Status of the Lowell Discovery Telescope (LDT) and assessment of the image quality at the focal plane
- Mace, G. et al. 2018, Proc. SPIE, 10702, 107020Q, IGRINS at the Discovery Channel telescope and Gemini South
- Venetiou, A. J., Bida, T. A. 2012, Proc. SPIE, 8444, 84441E, Discovery Channel Telescope active optics system early integration and test
More general references useful to LDT/DCT
- Fried, D. L. 1965, J. Opt. Soc. Am., 55, 1427, Statistics of a Geometric Representation of a Wavefront Distortion
- Fried, D. L. 1966, J. Opt. Soc. Am., 56, 1372, Optical resolution through a randomly inhomogeneous medium for very long and very short exposures
- Lakshminarayanan, V., Fleck, A. 2011, JMOp, 58, 545, Zernike polynomials: a guide
- Noll, R. 1976, JOSA, 66, 207, Zernike polynomials and atmospheric turbulence
- Schwesinger, G., 1991, JMOp, 38, 1507, Lateral support of very large telescope mirrors by edge forces only
- Wallace, P. T. 2002, Proc. of SPIE, 4848, 125, A rigorous algorithm for telescope pointing